We are recruiting on behalf of an industry leading polymer manufacturer for an R&D Chemist to join a materials R&D team for their site in Lancashire. As a R&D Chemist you will be responsible for developing and implementing research strategies and evaluating NPD projects and providing expert polymer development expertise to the team. This will include assessing the technical feasibility of projects by conducting polymer development, formulation and characterisation.
To be considered for this R&D Chemist, you will be degree educated in Chemistry or Polymer Science. We are open to recent graduates, those with 4th year master's projects or industrial placements years relevant to the role would be preferred. Someone with a background in water-based coatings and PU's would be highly desirable.
- Carry out project management, planning and coordinating NPD activities.
- Asses technical and commercial feasibility of new projects by carrying out development, analysis, characterisation and scale-up of polymers and chemicals.
- Provide expertise professionally to both external customers and internal teams.
- Provide technical support to production, sales and quality teams.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry, MSc/PhD in Polymer Science would be desirable.
- Previous industrial experience within the polymers industry is highly desirable.
- Previous working knowledge of polymers is desirable, especially water-based coatings and PU resins.