Science Solutions Recruitment are looking to recruit an R&D Chemist for a Plastics Manufacturer who are based in West Lancashire.
This position is a relatively hands on type of role that incorporates both Product Development and Quality Assurance. If you have previous experience in an R&D related role and are degree educated in Chemistry, then please apply!
Main duties include but aren't limited to:
- Openly discuss with your team/managers potential developments of products and how you will modify them if necessary.
- Sample and test all raw materials used in production.
- Work on specialist products for specified customers to produce small amount of product through the lab instead of full-scale processing.
- Regularly complete testing of multiple product samples to deadlines, organise batches of test so that the next stage of processing can be completed in order to meet production targets.
- Carry out internal quality audits to ISO9001 and ISO13485.
- Any applicant MUST be qualified to HND/BSc Degree level in Chemistry as an absolute minimum. Closely related subjects will also be considered.
- Any candidate with previous experience in an R&D/Chemist role will be highly desirable.
- Enthusiasm while showing a desire to develop your skills is a must.
- Showing motivation to improve any current processes/products is also a necessity.