We are currently recruiting for an R&D Chemist for a global chemicals and polymers company based in Falkirk, Scotland. As an R&D Chemist you will be responsible for developing a range of novel products by planning and executing a range of technical studies and product and process development projects.
To be considered for this R&D Chemist, you will be at least BSc educated in Chemistry or Polymer Science, with some previous industrial experience spent within product or process development within the polymers or chemicals sector, ideally within the surface coatings sector.
- Plan and carry out laboratory work to execute the development of new products and processes.
- Identify new processes and materials.
- Establish the root cause of problems and propose appropriate solutions.
- Contribute to SHE and continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain relationships across internal teams including analytical, manufacturing, QA, production technology and SHE teams.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry or Polymer Science.
- Previous industrial experience within R&D working on the development of surface coatings.
- Previous industrial experience of process development would be highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple internal teams.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within a dynamic environment.