A world leading manufacturer in cosmetics and personal care products located in the South East are looking for a quality engineer. As a Quality Engineer you will have a great understanding of quality management systems, process improvement utilising statistical problem-solving techniques, and quality tools. In addition to this, you will have experience in a pharmaceutical or cosmetics manufacturing environment and excellent time management skills and organisational skills.
- Monitor and ensure a safe work environment through process adherence and hazard elimination / mitigation (PPE, Lockout / Tag-out, Machine Guarding, etc.)
- Observe and guarantee compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and adherence to defined procedures
- Apply new system and working practices to improve process and product quality while keeping compliance to regulatory requirements. Run implementation of processes at the local level with Operations staff, CI and ME.
- Push development of projects and application of QE techniques and methodologies providing technical expertise and support to QA and other functions to identify RCA, develop solutions and their sustainable implementation.
- Analyse data/KPIs and recommend appropriate action, perform audits and capability studies as necessary.
- Work with the plant, packaging development, technical packaging, and other parties to identify critical requirements. Take part in line tests and first production runs for new product launches.
- Collaborative with suppliers, developers, and production agreeing to and communicating standards and range boards. Participate in supplier improvement activities.
- Offer subject matter expertise and provide support in investigating complaints and preventive and corrective action
- Partake in the definition, execution, analysis, and actions of tooling qualification programs. Advise on modifications needed to achieve successful tooling. Support validation programmes of equipment and processes.
- Detail processes and procedures and technical reports.
- Teach and train employees in QA and Lean techniques.
- Guide and train other Quality employees, such as Quality Operations Specialists, when executing work related to QE functions.
- Support Plant and Global programmes to ensure compliance in key areas including Good Manufacturing Practices, Data Integrity, and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Evaluates the coverage, quality and effectiveness of the Zero-Defect tools and approach.
- Runs the embedding of Knowledge Management into systems and business processes. Lead improvement projects with a goal of enhanced performance.
- Ability to communicate high-level concepts to senior leadership, impact at all levels of the organisation and ensure support. Frequent use of coaching and developments. Employees are expected to develop new approaches.
- Involve, participate and encourage cross-functional teams to operate improvements in the process, management systems, technology and behavioural change.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and negotiating abilities
- Must show a desire and ability to coach others
- Should be familiar with MS office and SAP applications (preferred)
- Expertise in quality management systems, process improvement utilising statistical problem-solving techniques, and quality tools.
- Outstanding organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Experience in a manufacturing environment - pharmaceutical, cosmetics industry.