An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Engineer to work for a global materials manufacturer based in West Yorkshire. As a Quality Engineer, you will support the Quality team in ensuring the quality of products, and ensuring certifications and standards are maintained. As a Quality Engineer, you will also be providing continuous improvement support for all internal departments and have a strong focus on data analysis. Training and development courses such Six Sigma Green Belt courses will be offered for candidates without previous qualifications in this area.
To be considered for this position, you will ideally have a degree in Chemistry or closely related subject and have previous industrial experience of investigating and solving customer quality complaints. Someone with previous experience QC testing of materials, conducting internal audits (ISO 9001) and leading continuous improvement projects would be advantageous but not essential, as the relevant training can be provided.
- QC testing at all stages; raw materials, in-process and finished product.
- Establish root cause analysis and corrective actions on non-conforming materials.
- Maintain group compliance with ISO 9001 and the relevant product certifications and approvals.
- Attend and lead various meetings including continuous improvement projects.
- Internal auditing of process and control.
- Reporting on quality led KPI's.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum a BSc in Chemistry, Materials Science, Materials Engineering or closely related subject
- Solid background in Data Analysis/Data Science, specific software not essential
- Previous industrial experience from within the chemicals or materials manufacturing sector
- Previous experience conducting investigations in response to customer complaints
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001