Here is an unusual opportunity for an analytical chemist from GMP laboratories to step into a QC Systems Specialist position at a prominent pharmaceutical firm based in the South East region. The QC Systems Specialist role is an important project support function, implementing QC-related systems within a GMP-compliant infrastructure to ensure scheduling of QC workload is hassle-free.
Your day to day duties as a QC Systems Specialist will be:
- Execution of new system implementation and maintenance projects
- Ensuring rapid resolution of breakdowns of QC equipment, proactively liaising with suppliers and technicians
- Lab deviation investigation and reporting
- Building a programme of replacement and introduction to have a seamless transition of updates
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant analytical science field
- A track record in analytical method development in industry
- Some knowledge of GMP issues pertinent to pharmaceutical manufacture
- A good team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
Interviews are booked in for next week so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up six years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.