An exciting opportunity has arisen for a QC Supervisor to join a leading coatings manufacturer based in Greater Manchester. As a QC Supervisor, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the QC laboratory, conducting physical testing on raw materials and finished products, developing processes and updating/maintaining SOPs.
To be considered for this role, you will hold a minimum HND/HNC in Chemistry or a related field, with experience working in a fast-paced QC laboratory conducting physical testing.
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day running of the QC laboratory
- Conduct physical testing on raw materials and finished products, tests include solids, viscosity, colour etc.
- To provide technical expertise to develop manufacturing processes and testing methods, updating SOPs throughout as well as overall documentation control
- Re-formulate existing products on exercises including raw material changes and cost-reduction projects
Knowledge and Experience:
- Hold a minimum HND/HNC in Chemistry or related subject
- Experience working in a QC Laboratory, in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is essential
- Knowledge of coatings would be advantageous but not essential