We are currently recruiting for a QC Supervisor to join an innovative chemicals manufacturer based in Derbyshire. As a QC Supervisor, you will supervise the operation of the QC department, ensuring existing QC processes and procedures are followed and improvements are made to said processes where applicable.
To be considered for this position, you will ideally be degree qualified in Chemistry or related subject, although A-Levels with significant experience is acceptable. You will also have a strong background working within a QC laboratory in a manufacturing organisation, testing a wide range of chemicals and polymers.
- To supervise a team of 3 QC technicians, overseeing testing of incoming raw materials and finished product, and providing support to the manufacturing teams where required.
- Responsible for the compliance of staff within the team, ensuring company rules and procedures are followed, with a focus on health and safety, PPE, fire safety and COSHH
- To manage non-conformities of raw materials and finished products and ensure these are logged and processed correctly and aid in creating preventative actions
- To maintain laboratory records, equipment and ensure the laboratory facility is clean and tidy, working to 5S standards
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree qualified in Chemistry or related subject is ideal, although A-Levels with significant experience is acceptable
- A strong background working within a QC laboratory in a manufacturing organisation
- Supervisory experience is highly desirable
- Experience of internal auditing and knowledge of ISO 9001 is desirable