We are currently looking a QC Lab Technician for a leading materials manufacturer based in Motherwell, to conduct a variety of materials formulation and quality testing, working closely with production to maintain product quality. As a QC Lab Technician you will be responsible for ensuring that raw material, in-process and product testing is conducted accurately ensuring that the highest quality of product is maintained, as well as carrying out a range of other operational and quality duties.
To be considered for this QC Lab Technician you will be have previous industrial experience in a quality or manufacturing position within materials manufacturing, ideally from the building/construction materials sector.
Working hours: 40 hours per week Monday - Friday 07:30 - 16:00
- Conduct regular raw material, in-process and product testing via a range of materials testing techniques.
- Review pre-batch sheets and make adjustments to manufacturing when required advising on corrective actions.
- Formulation of small quantities of products to conduct product testing.
- Carry out investigations for any non-conformances or customer returns.
- Undertake quality lab administrations tasks including all documentation for quality testing.
Knowledge and Experience
- Have significant industrial experience in a QC/materials manufacturing position.
- Previous experience from the building/construction materials sector would be highly desirable.
- Ability to multi-task and handle workloads under pressure.
- Working knowledge of MS Office