A global chemicals and coatings company are looking for a Project Manager to join their team near Edinburgh.
As Project Manager you are responsible for ensuring safe, efficient and effective delivery of capital projects to time, cost and quality. You will have responsibility for scoping, execution and handover of capital projects across the business globally,
To be considered for this role you will hold a degree in Chemistry or related subject and be proven project manager with 3-5 years of experience of capital project delivery within a process environment. Au fait with delivering capital projects of up to £1M. A person with the ability to drive change, focus on value and deliver outstanding results in a highly regulated environment.
The job role is split into 3 main areas; delivering safe, environmentally friendly and sustainable project solutions to time/ cost/ quality; leading staff & contractors to success; and building effective collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
Delivering safe, environmentally friendly and sustainable project solutions to time/ cost/ quality
- Ensure compliance with all company, customer and statutory requirements on Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Drive accidents and environmental incidents to zero
- Ensure projects have sustainability at their centre
- Deliver project to agreed timelines and approved cost
- Ensure project quality is delivered as planned
- Ensure staff on site are trained to allow smooth handover of projects to operations
- Deliver a project that meets the quality expectations of the site in question and the Fujifilm group
Leading staff and contractors to success
- Motivate, inspire and empower their team to realise their potential
- Lead x-functional teams to realise their potential and ensure that the project 'culture' is in line with Fujifilm expectations
- Ensure SHE is at the forefront of everyone's mind and that the team are focused on this along with cost, quality and time focus
- Drive a cost conscious, continuous improvement mentality across the project
Build & Maintain Mutually Beneficial Collaborative Relationships
- Take a key role in negotiating contracts
- Ensure all views are garnered and solutions on the projects deliver to internal and external stakeholder needs
- Raise any conflicting demands and seek collaborative solutions to these
- 3-5 years project management experience minimum
- Degree in engineering discipline (Chemical/ Electrical/ Mechanical)
- Leadership experience within engineering or manufacturing environment
- Experience of delivering capital projects within process manufacturing plants- brownfield or greenfield
- Track record of success, including managing change and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of manufacturing operations
- Previous accountability for meeting Health, Safety & Environmental standards
- Experience of working in and delivering projects in COMAH (lower or upper tier) manufacturing plant
- Experience of management of contractors in a project environment
- Used to leading teams, setting stretching goals and tracking against these
- Experience of driving standards and a track record of improvement across all day-2-day delivery functions