An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Leader to join a leading coatings manufacturer, at their site based in Lancashire. As a Project Leader, you will plan and lead a wide range of NPD projects, assessing technical feasibility and designing new products/technology.
To be considered for this role, you will have significant experience leading new product development projects from initial concept through to commercialisation, specifically in the polymers/coatings industry.
- Lead new product development projects, designing new products and technology, through synthesis and characterisation and managing timeframes throughout the process to ensure smooth running
- Supervise R&D Chemists working on projects, providing technical support to queries throughout
- Generate IP and ensure effective protection through patent writing
- Develop research strategies in the aims of promptly achieving project objectives
Qualifications and Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience leading product development projects in the polymers/coatings industry, experience working in high-risk products or extensively certified areas is highly desirable
- Previous supervisory experience in desirable to effectively manage people during NPD projects
- Experience dealing with external certification bodies is highly desirable but not essential