An exciting new role has arisen for a Product Manager (Packaging & Films) for an industry leading films manufacturer to be based at their state-of-the facility in Cumbria. As a Product Manager you will be responsible for managing the packaging product range across Europe, which includes the co-ordination of New Product Development portfolio, management of existing products to meet growth targets and the management of any raw material changes. You will act as the link between new product development, business development and production, as well as working closely with customers, suppliers and other external organisations.
To be considered for this Product Manager (Packaging & Films) role, you will have significant experience from within the packaging or labelling market, with a strong technical knowledge of films. You will be degree educated in a relevant technical subject, with excellent communications skills to allow customer and supplier relationships to be built and maintained.
- Manage various packaging and films products throughout its life cycle taking into account raw material changes.
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager to develop value propositions for any new products.
- Support the Sales Team providing them technical knowledge on various products.
- Review and update product specifications in line with the market requirements.
- Facilitate the introduction of new products to customers working closely with the Sales and Applications Development Teams.
- Work closely with R&D from concept through to launch.
- Support the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Travel to various customers across Europe for business development and to provide customer support.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree educated in a relevant technical subject.
- Previous industrial experience from the flexible packaging, labelling or industrial films sector.
- Strong technical knowledge of the development of films and packaging.
- Previous experience within a customer facing role.
- Good communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships internally and externally with customers and suppliers.
- Project Management qualification would be highly desirable.