Role: Product Development / Grad - R&D - Clean / Hygiene
Science Solutions Recruitment has a fantastic opportunity for a Product Development Technologist to join our clients company based near Deeside. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with around 2 years formulation experience from an either; Clean, Hygiene, Cosmetics and/or Pharma. You will support the company's New Product Development and Innovation activity through research and product development.
A recent graduate within a scientific discipline will also be considered.
- To be a member of the Research & Development team and, in conjunction with other members, develop and implement plans for successful new product development for the business.
- With raw material and end product sustainability as a key focus, develop commercial products in response to both internal and customer requests.
- To develop products, ensuring that they can meet the proposed claims and are compliant with the relevant regulations.
- Manage new product development formulations from laboratory scale through to commercialisation, ensuring that accurate records are kept of the work done.
- Manage Research & Development trials, with input from Manufacturing and Engineering, to plan, organise and implement material, product, and processing trials.
- Represent the Company with Customers (Internal & External) and Suppliers ensuring that a professional technical Customer Liaison and Support Service is provided.
- To provide quarterly trends and innovation presentations based on supplier information and raw material trends
- Manage assigned projects to ensure product performance and safety.
- Manage assigned projects from initiation to completion, meeting the required timescales.
- Manage the introduction of new products by organising/creating raw material, product, and customer specifications.
- Ensure that adequate formulation and product stability trials are conducted to ensure product's shelf life.
- Ensure that new products, samples, and materials are evaluated thoroughly, and that adequate claim support data is generated.
- Manage the development of tests and test methods for new materials, products, and processes and to simplify current practices.
- Product safety testing and validation.
- Attend supplier meetings and help to identify the appropriate raw material/chemical suppliers who can service the business and liaise with purchasing on the approval of appropriate cost saving alternative raw materials.
- Develop and maintain a nonwoven supplier capabilities database.
- Maintain the actives database
- Work within the Research and Development Departmental Budget.
- Chemistry Degree or equivalent.
- Experience of working within a personal care or household product development laboratory or Pharma, cosmetics.
- Skills and ability (way in which knowledge is used)
- Computer skills - E.g. excel and outlook in order to maintain store and process computerised data spreadsheets in the most efficient and easily understandable manner.
- Accuracy - Ensuring all records are correct and complete. This is a critical component of the role
- Planning - The ability to plan ahead and prioritise workload to ensure that business requirements are met in a timely fashion.
- Report writing - the ability to write clear and concise reports and trial instructions.
- Communication - The ability to build and develop long standing working relationships with both internal and external customers and suppliers.