A leading manufacturer within the inks and coatings sector, are recruiting for a Product Development Manager at their site in the East Cheshire area. As a Product Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading all product development supporting strategic growth plans, from feasibility, through to development, scale-up and full scale production. As a manager you will also be required to provide expert consultancy to the business working with other global sites.
To be considered for this Product Development Manager you be degree qualified in Chemistry or closely related subject, along with previous management experience within the inks or coatings sector. You will also be skilled in the development and formulation of a range of inks and coatings, as well as experience of taking product from concept through to launch and providing customer support thereafter.
- Assess various new opportunities for new products including times scales, benefits, requirements and costs.
- Planning development work on a range of inks and coatings to the required time scales.
- Engage with suppliers, consultants, testing houses and academic institutes to further knowledge within product development.
- Carry out laboratory development trials and tests.
- Raise and support proposals for process and capital investments.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry or closely related subject.
- Previous managerial experience within the inks or coatings sector
- Previous product development experience within ideally inks, or other coatings sectors.
- Previous experience in leading development projects from concept through to launch.