Currently recruiting for a Process Safety Engineer for a global chemical and polymer manufacturer based at their site near Cambridge. As a Process Safety Engineer you will be responsible for managing process safety across manufacturing, plant and R&D, ensuring all compliance with chemical legislation, managing process risk and leading the continuous improvement of internal process safety management systems.
To be considered for this Process Safety Engineer, you will be degree educated in Chemical or Process Engineering, along with previous industrial experience within a process safety role. You will have significant knowledge of chemicals or polymer manufacturing plant operations, ideally within a COMAH environment. Someone with a Process Safety training certificate such as IchemE or NEBOSH would be highly desirable.
- Management of process risk and major incidents and injuries within operations to achieve zero incidents.
- Ensure all process safety compliance is met across relevant legislation and best practice initiatives are met.
- Lead, update and support process safety management systems.
- Lead continuous improvement across the companies process safety management systems.
- Implement and develop process safety policies.
- Support manufacturing leaders to drive consistency within risk mitigation.
- Lead process safety incident investigations and identify corrective actions.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree educated in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, or closely related subject.
- Previous industrial experience in a process safety role within the chemical, polymers, or closely related sector.
- Significant knowledge of chemical or polymer manufacturing plant operations.
- Someone with experience of working on a COMAH site would be highly desirable.
- A certificate within Process Safety such as IchemE or NEBOSH would be advantageous.