We are currently recruiting for a Process Development Engineer for a leading Materials manufacturer based in Merseyside. As a Process Development Engineer you will be responsible for developing new processes and production capabilities to their materials division to enable advances within the business, which include safety, cost and product improvement.
To be considered for this Process Development Engineer you will be degree educated in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Materials Engineering or closely related subject. You will also have previous experience spent within product or process development within the materials sector. An in-depth knowledge of process development within thermal materials manufacturing would be highly desirable, as well as experience in writing CAPEX proposals.
- Identify new technologies and innovation to improve processes and product quality.
- Function as a technical consultant to production and operations.
- Develop new downstream processing into new markets.
- Provide mentorship to junior members within the team.
- Assist on trials both internally and externally.
- Assist and develop CAPEX projects.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least BSc/BEng educated in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or Polymer Chemistry/Engineering
- Previous industrial experience in process or product development within the materials sector.
- Ideally you will have an in-depth knowledge of thermal materials manufacturing.
- Experience in managing CAPEX projects would be highly desirable.