Process Control Engineer
Process Control Engineer / Applications Engineer required to join a prestigious global client based in Wirral, build relationships with internal and external partners, deliver day to day manufacturing support and become the company control systems subject matter expert. The Process Control / Applications Engineer will be responsible for assessing requirements for DCS enhancements, implementing upgrades, providing onsite technical support and assist in the commissioning and start-up of new chemical process and products.
- Monitoring the performance of the implemented process control applications (DCS, APC & RTO) and making continual improvements to ensure the maximum on-going benefits are achieved.
- Provide day to day support of site manufacturing troubleshooting and resolving errors to reduce downtime.
- Develop and implement process control strategies that will contribute to enhanced profitability in the longer term.
- Designing and supporting the above types of applications in the DCS and other enabling systems, including control loop tuning.
- Ensuring that the current commercial and technological objectives, as well as operational problems and constraints are reflected in the process control strategies through liaison with the Commercial team, process engineers and plant operators.
- Ensuring all relevant personnel, including panel operators, process engineers, optimization engineers and engineering staff have a full understanding of all process control applications and how to operate them. Providing training on applications as required
- Ensuring all design engineering work and implementation is carried out in accordance with relevant procedures and standards.
- Site acceptance testing and factory acceptance and finial commissioning test on projects
- Providing support to major CAPEX projects being implemented on their units.
- Provide specialist input to the vision and overall strategy for process control, advanced process control.
- Provide an effective process control, advanced process control and real-time applications support service in area of responsibility, including monitoring existing applications, troubleshooting process control problems, initiating, economically justifying, and developing process control related projects.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current and new process control technologies.
Required qualifications and experience.
- Degree educated in Chemical Engineering, Process Operations/Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of related DCS experience in plant operations and Chemical manufacturing
- Chemical Process knowledge
- Knowledge of Batch processes, ABB and ability to perform software configuration.
- Knowledge of Automation systems, safety controls and safety systems
- Computer programming skill with PLC’s, DCS’s (Control language, Ladder logic, etc.)
- Rights to work in the UK (UK passport or UK Visa with unrestricted RTW)