Are you an organic chemist with knowledge of large scale route development? Would you like to direct the evolution of plant scale chemistry via a team of chemists, and also in conjunction by close development of your relationship with the customer? An experienced chemist can step up into a team management position at a global speciality chemicals company based in the North West.
Your day to day duties as a Process Chemistry Manager will be:
- Managing the workload of a small team of R&D chemists
- Delegation of the development of routes from lab to full plant scale manufacture of high value chemical products
- Liaising with production and QC management to troubleshoot manufacturing issues
- Project managing with customers to ensure manufacture of chemical products to time, quality and budgetary criteria
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or higher, in a chemistry-related field
- Industrial lab-based experience in synthetic chemistry
- A track record of team and project leadership
- Knowledge of large scale chemical manufacture is highly desirable
This client is already shortlisting for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
Why should your scientific specialist recruiter be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up 6 years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.