This is a great job opportunity for an experienced process chemist with proven industrial scale-up expertise to step into a Process Chemist Team Leader position at a pharmaceutical CRO firm based in the South East region. The Process Chemist Team Leader role plays an important dual function in the team as both subject matter expert to the clients, but also leading other chemists in their work.
Your day to day duties as the Process Chemist Team Leader will be:
- Leading a team in the development of synthetic routes to API compounds and other client-directed synthetic chemistry goals
- Liaising with in-house (bio)chemistry teams as part of an integrated drug discovery project
- Working on collaborative relationships with clients and 3rd parties to bring onboard further capability to the project at hand
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a synthetic chemistry field
- A track record in large scale chemistry project execution in industry
- An excellent team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
This client is interviewing for the role so please apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum).
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up seven years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.