A leading multinational chemical and polymer manufacturer are recruiting for a Process Chemist for their site in Northamptonshire. As a Process Chemist you will be responsible for providing process development and optimisation support through various experimental thermochemistry, in particular reaction calorimetry, within the technology team. You will also be responsible for leading and managing projects working alongside NPD to provide process development and optimisation.
To be considered for this Process Chemist you will be be degree qualified in Chemistry or closely related subject, along with physical and process chemistry knowledge. Ideally you will also have a background in synthesis and scale-up of products up to pilot plant and full-scale manufacturing.
- Manage and run various calorimetry projects, taking ownership of the reaction calorimetry and becoming an expert within this are.
- Manage various polymer synthesis work projects working closely with NPD providing process development and optimisation.
- Support NPD with scale-up of products from lab scale through pilot-plant to full-scale manufacturing.
- Asses the safety of any new raw materials through COSHH and processes through HAZOPs.
- Develop and design new techniques for process optimisation and improvements.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree qualified in Chemistry, MSc/PhD Chemistry would be desirable.
- A good understanding of physical chemistry and in particular previous reaction calorimetry experience.
- Ideally a background in polymer synthesis and scale-up of products form lab scale through pilot plant to full-scale manufacturing.
- Previous industrial experience providing process development and optimisation would also be highly desirable.