A Leader within the coated materials sector are recruiting for a Polymer Technician for their site in Kent. Working alongside the Development Chemist you will assist in developing and testing of new products.
To be considered for this Polymer Technician role, you will have experience in polymers either at industry or academic level, along with laboratory experience.
- Support product qualification and approval processes
- Evaluate and qualify new and alternative materials
- Plan and manage development activities according to the requirements of the department and associated quality system
- Ensure effective communication with internal teams
- Problem solving - Investigate causes of material failure, report findings and propose solutions to colleagues Provide effective technical support and service to colleagues and customers
- Provide support and advice to colleagues to ensure compliance with chemical and environmental regulations covering materials and products
- Assist in the departmental administration
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Degree or Equivalent in Polymer Science or Chemistry
- Proven experience in a laboratory environment
- Specific knowledge in the analysis of polymers and additives
- Specific knowledge in the preparation and testing of polymer materials
- Experience of polymer development
- Experience of working in manufacturing (preferably coatings/PVC industry)