An exciting new role has arisen, a Development Technician for a global polymer manufacturer to work within their R&D/Formulation team at their site in Northamptonshire. As a Development Technician you will be responsible for managing a range of polymer and materials development projects as well developing new products and applications, including planning and carrying out development activities and liaising with pilot plant and production to assist with product scale up.
To be considered for this Development Technician you will be degree educated in Chemistry or closely related subject, with significant previous industrial experience working on formulation materials (adhesives, coatings or composites). You will also have great communication skills that allows you to work well with various internal functions, as well strong report writing and MS Office skills.
- Manage and execute various development projects within the formulation team.
- Develop new products and applications and take them to market.
- Maintain ISO 9001 quality standards, creating reports on any development work carried out.
- Liaise with pilot plant and manufacturing regarding the scale up of products.
- Communicate development work and findings internally to various teams including other R&D functions, technical services and commercial teams.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least BSc educated in Chemistry or closely related subject.
- Previous industrial experience working within R&D on the formulation of adhesives, coatings or polymeric materials.
- Working knowledge of quality standards.
- Strong communications skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.