We are currently recruiting for a Polymer Chemist for a leading polymer and materials manufacturer based in the Northamptonshire area. As a Polymer Chemist you will be responsible for managing and delivering a range of R&D projects within polymer development and polymer synthesis, as well as developing new applications and taking them to market. You will also be responsible for working closely with other R&D teams across formulation, biopolymers, FMCG and composites sectors, and assisting with the scale-up of new products working closely with manufacturing.
To be considered for this Polymer Chemist, you will be degree educated in Chemistry, BSc/MSc minimum – a PhD Polymer Chemist would be highly desirable but not essential for those with previous industrial experience within polymer synthesis/development. You will also be skilled in polymer synthesis and polymer characterisation.
· Manage and deliver polymer development projects.
· Develop new applications for new products and take them to market.
· Work closely across various R&D teams working within biopolymers, polymer composites and FMCG sectors.
· Assist with scale up of new products working closely with manufacturing and plant.
· Provide technical support and advice to customers.
Knowledge and Experience
· Minimum BSc in Chemistry, MSc/PhD Polymer Chemists preferred.
· We could take a straight PhD Polymer Chemist, or a BSc/MSc Chemist with industrial experience within polymer development.
· Must be skilled in polymer synthesis.
Head of Polymers & Materials Recruitment