An exciting new role has arisen for a Polymer Chemist for a global polymer manufacturer to work within their Polymer Development team at their site in Merseyside. As a Polymer Chemist you will be responsible for delivering a range of short and long term development projects, with the focus of the team being within polymer development and polymer sustainability. This includes managing various development activities to develop and evaluate new products for various applications and see these products through to market.
To be considered for this Polymer Chemist you will be degree educated in Chemistry, along with further academic qualifications within Polymer Chemistry (PhD would be highly desirable). You will also have some previous industrial or post-graduation experience within polymer chemistry with a good understanding on radical polymerisation techniques.
- Manage and execute various development projects within the polymer development team.
- Develop new and modified products providing technical support to customers when required.
- Evaluate new products for various applications and see them through to market.
- Maintain ISO 9001 quality standards, creating reports on any development work carried out.
- Communicate development work and findings internally to various teams including other R&D functions, technical services and commercial teams.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least BSc educated in Chemistry.
- Further academic qualifications in Polymer Chemistry - PhD would be desirable.
- Knowledge of radical polymerisations would be highly desirable.
- Strong communications skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.