Recruiting for a Polymer Chemist to join a polymer and materials research organisation based in Leeds, to join a world class project team in developing absorbent technology platform with applications in virus capture and blood filtration PPE. As a Polymer Chemist you will be collaborating with various scientists and external bodies, providing polymer and materials expertise to develop the technology platform.
To be considered for this Polymer Chemist, you will be degree educated in Chemistry, ideally with a PhD in Polymer Chemistry or closely related subject. More specifically, you will ideally have some experience in polymer surface modification and functionalisation, along with previous working knowledge of a range of chromatographic and surface analysis techniques.
- Provide polymer, materials and surface characterisation expertise to the technology group.
- Conduct polymer surface modification and functionalisation using a variety of techniques.
- Perform polymer, chemical and surface analysis through a wide range of techniques including HPLC, FT-IR, DSC, TGA, XRD.
- Collaborate with internally scientists, external technology partners and organisations to delivery technology projects.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree educated in Chemistry, ideally a PhD in Polymer Chemist.
- Previous industrial experience or post-doctoral research experience within polymer surface modification and functionalisation.
- Strong analytical background, in particular with HPLC, FT-IR, DSC, TGA and XRD.
- Commercial awareness is required, ideally someone who's working within industry delivering technical projects.