Role: Packaging Manager
As a packaging manager, you will be responsible for developing new and existing packaging, utilise design and a creative/analytical mindset, and manage specifications for our client in the bakery sector of the Food Industry and its customers. This includes supporting the requirements of multiple bakery plants and a distribution site.
- Ensure optimum output from Packaging Technologists; manage and organise them efficiently.
- Develop next-gen packaging solutions to maintain a competitive advantage and respond to briefs from the NPD team
- Deliver a detailed overview/brief to chosen suppliers, liaise with internal departments, and carry each project through to operational approval
- Plan, organise and oversee internal packaging trials and at supplier sites including pre-production trials and provide a report regarding the outcome
- Design and manage in-house printed labels as well as consistent development of the software that you will be using.
- Lead cost-saving and packaging optimisation tasks
- Manage projects alongside our customers - updating their specification systems, utilising their artwork management systems and ensuring, where possible, that both parties are satisfied with packaging suppliers and the materials used
- Plan and carry out regular audits alongside our suppliers
- Work with the Technical department to ensure compliance with BRC legislation, BRC audits and any other customer audits
- Maintain and consistently develop your understanding of relevant packaging legislation and the recycling industry
- Maintain good relationships with governing bodies and associations such as OPRL, WRAP, CPI & Campden BRI
Desired; what you will bring to the company:
- 5+ years' experience in the FMCG sector (i.e. Food/Beverage/Household/Cosmetics)
- A track record of consistently developing and launching new products to the market.
- NPD/Development experience from concept through to launch.
- Experience working with product packaging.
- Project management capabilities
- Strong influencing and motivating skills
Advanced expertise within:
- Innovation Execution
- Project Management
- Development of Packaging
- Health and Safety
- Technical knowledge/experience
- Process development
- Supply partnership & relationships
- Sustainable and responsible sourcing of relevant materials