Job Title: Packaging Technologist
Department: New Product Development
Main Location: North West
Reporting To: NPI Manager
Purpose of Role:
To introduce and development new packed products and formats.
The job is a responsible for the development and introduction of new packaged products at our clients site including new and innovative formats.
- To work with packaging supplies, exploring and understanding new packaging innovations within the marketplace, and to evaluate their feasibility within the Company.
- To support Engineering and Production in the design, commissioning and qualification of new technologies and equipment as required.
- To advise customers and sales managers on packaging options for their products and to provide quotations for these.
- To generate new and revised artwork for cartons, labels and leaflets, initiating amendments in line with customer and legislative needs, the latter in conjunction with the Technical Dept.
- To produce packing specifications and agree component standards.
- To liaise with suppliers to ensure new componentry and artwork is sourced correctly and on time and to resolve any issues with existing components.
- To support quality and packing during the resolution of technical issues
- To maintain databases for printed packaging artwork, tooling, and status of active projects
- Develop and delivery sustainable packaging solutions
- Any other tasks the business requires
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A science or engineering graduate degree or equivalent experience.
- A fundamental understanding of packaging technology and its applications within the nutraceuticals sector.
- Motivated with a common sense, practical approach and an excellent attention to detail.
- This is a customer facing role so excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) essential
- Good IT skills.
- Confident and self-motivated.
- Good time management and the ability to be flexible and work to targets and under pressure.