£35,000+ dependent on experience
Are you an experienced purchasing professional, specialising in the sourcing and buying of packaging used in the FMCG industries? Science Solutions is working in partnership with a leading manufacturer of household cleaning chemicals. Over the past few years, this company has seen rapid expansion as they consistently deliver highly innovative products to the nation!
The purpose of this role will be to be responsible for the procurement of new packaging solutions required by the business, you will also have a good understanding of the different types of packaging including sleeves, bottles, outer cases, cartons and closures.
- Be responsible for pricing/contract negotiations with existing and new suppliers
- Work cross functionally with teams to deliver bespoke packaging solutions required by the business
- Support the QA team in helping to resolve issues with packaging performance, consistently looking to improve on previous packaging solutions
- Implement continuous improvement and initiatives to further reduce packaging supply costs
- Remain pro-active with suppliers to ensure the business is ahead of the curve when it comes to accessing new packaging developments which could provide further points of difference to the brands offering
- Ongoing maintenance of packaging supplier pricing/specification records
- A confident self-starter with the ability to work off their own initiative
- Experience within purchasing and procurement across a range of plastic consumer containers and closures, sleeves and cardboard transit packaging
- Strong project management skills
- Full clean UK driving license