Within a fantastic R&D-centric chemical firm, a new job opportunity has arisen for an ambitious synthetic chemist with a proven industrial product development background to drive novel chemistry development.
Your day to day duties as an Organic Chemist will be:
- Execution of synthetic projects utilising a variety of organic chemistry methodology
- Development of relevant analytical chemistry methods pertinent to polymers, materials and small molecules
- Managing demanding timescales, with several new product development projects running simultaneously
- Working on relationships with other in-house R&D teams, and maintaining perfect H&S compliance
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant organic chemistry field
- A track record in synthetic route design and execution in industry
- A good team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
This client is already shortlisting for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up six years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.