A Cambridge-based biotechnology company is seeking a Operations Assistant to join their Operations team, responsible for day-to-day stores activities to support the efficient running of the laboratories. This position is on an initial 6-month basis with the potential to go permanent, and full training will be provided.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- General stock ordering, receiving stock, booking in product, and storing it in designated areas in the stores;
- Monitoring supplies and materials in stock and reporting discrepancies between physical counts and computer records;
- Restocking cupboards with clean glassware;
- Collection and disposal of laboratory waste;
- Ordering, receiving and checking of gas cylinders.
Requirements for this role:
- Great organisational and time management skills;
- Proactive and independent attitude with a willingness to learn new things;
- Confident, professional, and mature attitude.
Interviews are imminent so please apply now or contact Chris Morris at Science Solutions for more information on the role.