Job Title: New Product Development (NPD) Technologist
Location: Merseyside, England
NPD Technologist . Senior NPD Technologist . New product development . R&D . R+D. Food. Nutrition Sports Nutrition . Baby formula . Dairy . NPD. NPD.NPD
A leading health-focussed food & ingredient company in Merseyside are recruiting for an NPD Technologist. For this role, you will be interested in Food Science and development, and use your innovative mind in order to create and develop new products, flavours and formulas for nutritional food & supplement products. As an NPD Technologist within the company, you will have the opportunity to be a valuable part of a small R&D team in a rapidly expanding company across various projects.
Passionate about Research & Development of products? Do you have manufacturing process knowledge or even an interest in clinical nutrition?
If so, we have the role just for you!
We are currently looking to recruit for a vital role within the R&D department:
- A New Product Development (NPD) Technologist - Permanent or Fixed-term contract available!
This role will be based in the heart of Merseyside, with scope for hybrid working. This is a varied role with exciting challenges so candidates must be versatile, adaptable and attentive to meet the demands of changing products, processes and procedures. This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting global and highly innovative organisation.
What will you do?
As an NPD Technologist, your main responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Undertake the development of new products, and renovations of existing products, from concept to industrialisation from a defined brief
- Organise, execute and evaluate NPD trials both on site and externally
- Drive cross functional working at all stages of NPD projects to ensure seamless, transparent, compliant, and documented input to the product development process.
- Review and evaluate the impact of ingredient and formulation changes in products.
What skills and experience should you have?
For this role, we are looking for applicants who possess the following:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Food Science / Technology or other relevant discipline.
- Previous NPD or process development experience in a food manufacturing or clinical nutrition setting
- Technical food manufacturing knowledge in an area relevant to ambient liquids/ semi solids or powders e.g. knowledge and experience in spray drying, UHT, pasteurisation or powder blending
- Passion to deliver the best possible, commercially viable products
- Enthusiasm to travel to lead manufacturing trials
- Ability to work on multiple high priority projects
- Ability to manage, mentor or train other members of the team
- Ability to use initiative, prioritise and problem solve in managing a product portfolio
- Proven track record in effective relationship management with external business partners
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of clinical nutrition
What we will offer you
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Employer pension contributions (matched up to 10%)
- Private healthcare
- Excellent working conditions
- Study support
- Employee recognition scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Option to buy / sell annual leave
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Hybrid working policy - 50% of working days per month to be worked from the office, 50% from home