Role: NPD Technologist
Location: North Wales
A world class food manufacturer located in North Wales are looking for an NPD technologist to join their team. As an NPD technologist, you will have experience working within NPD in the food industry, have a life science degree (preferably food) and have a great innovative and creative mindset.
- Oversee key customers accounts with NPD and EPD projects from concept through to launch
- Produce and develop innovative designs, securing new key trends designs for both NPD and EPD projects.
- Support recipe creation and all documentation throughout concept to launch process- including recipes, submission forms, QAS/ CQMs, launch folders, factory paperwork.
- Carry out all tasks associated with product launch - organoleptic testing, micro review.
- Be responsible for sourcing new ingredients, fit for purpose for the design, customer and site requirements and costs. Be the first point of contact for information such as specification, MOQ, lead times and price.
- Arrange pre-production launch meetings & manage first product launches
- Work closely with the specification writer
- Point of contact between the customer needs and requirements and the process technologist's factory processes
- Assist and ensure trials are completed and recorded
- Be responsible for photography samples and public relation samples.
- Explore new ways to produce and improve the quality, processing, and packaging
- Assist with projects for the benefit of the business and department as directed by the NPD manager.
- Comply with and provide support with the implementation of company food safety, quality, and legality policies as they relate to the role.
- Experienced NPD Technologist in the food industry
- Degree level in a relevant scientific subject (preferably food)
- Precision, attention to detail and mathematically competent approach to provide data on time in the right format.
- Confident communicator over the phone, face-to-face and in writing.
- Adaptable and able to take responsibility for own development.
- Innovation and Creativity.
- Coordinating and Problem-Solving skills
- Competent with Microsoft Office.