Currently recruiting for a Materials Technologist to join a global leading materials manufacturer based in Lancashire, to work within the materials R&D Team. As a Materials Technologist you will be responsible for the development of new materials, and improvement of the materials manufacturing process, as well providing technical assistance to manufacturing.
To be considered for this Materials Technologist position you will be degree educated in Materials Science, or Chemistry with further industrial or academic experience within materials science. We are open to graduates for this position, as all training will be provided, however the preferred candidate would have previous industrial experience as well as some knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Responsible for the development of new and improvement of existing products through hands-on laboratory work.
- Perform physical and mechanical testing of materials via a range of techniques.
- Work closely with production and provide technical support when required.
- Work with the process development team for process improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
- Contribute to environmental and health and safety initiatives.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree educated in Materials Science or Chemistry with academic or industrial experience in Materials Science.
- Ideally you will have industrial experience within a materials manufacturing environment.
- Someone with knowledge of statistical analysis would be highly desirable.