Science Solutions Recruitment are looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer on behalf of one of our clients. Our client is a global materials and chemicals manufacturer based in the Derbyshire area.
In order to be considered for the position of Manufacturing Engineer you must possess a degree as a minimum in either Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a similar field. You must also have previous industrial experience in a similar role. Any experience in the manufacturing of carbon fibre materials is highly desirable.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for regularly running all machinery in the department, dealing with NCRs and attending customer and product trials.
- Degree qualified as a minimum in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or a similar subject.
- 2+ years previous industrial experience in a similar role.
- Any previous experience in manufacturing of carbon fibre materials is highly desirable.
- Previous experience with process improvement is essential for the role.
- Previous project management experience or qualifications are also essential for this role as you will be responsible for managing your own projects in addition to working on others at the same time.
- You must be comfortable in acting as the subject matter expert for at-line training to assist in the reinforcement of good manufacturing practices.
- Liaise with other departments to support the elimination of recurring equipment problems.
- Actively resolve operational difficulties and provide technical problem solving capability to decrease the production of faulty materials.
- Debottlenecking production to increase run rates and overall production output to help achieve targeted production costs.