A biotechnology company based in Oxford is seeking a Laboratory Manager to manage the day-to-day running of their laboratories. This is a brand new role at the company and is a great opportunity for an experienced laboratory manager to implement new processes and procedures to improve the running of the labs.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Management of the company's labs, including maintaining laboratory stocks, maintaining equipment, and ordering supplies;
- Take ownership of the delivery, installation and maintenance of laboratory equipment;
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure best value for money for ongoing and bulk purchases;
- Ensure health and safety policies are maintained and followed, as well as ensuring best practice and process are followed across the company.
Requirements for this role:
- BSc in relevant biological discipline;
- Proven experience managing a laboratory, ideally in a biotech setting;
- Strong communication and organisational skills;
- Good knowledge of relevant health and safety policies.
Interviews are imminent so please apply now or contact Chris Morris at Science Solutions for more information on the role.