Science Solutions Recruitment are looking to recruit a Lab Technologist for one of our clients based in West Yorkshire.
To be considered for this position as a Lab Technologist you will ideally possess a degree in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a similar field
As a Lab Technologist you will be working in an R&D lab where you will be responsible for prototyping, characterising and testing new materials within the business.
- HND/OND as an absolute minimum in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a similar field. Bachelors/Masters educated in one of these fields is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in an R&D lab is highly desirable but not essential.
- Basic understanding of various materials characterisation techniques is essential.
- Actively assist in the development of new products and processes within the business, helping to improve them.
- Operate lab equipment and pilot manufacturing facilities on a daily basis.
- Prepare sample materials for in-depth analysis and testing.
- Ensure that the lab is kept spotless, well-stocked and maintaining accurate records of your work to present to your line manager.