A great opportunity has arisen for the position of Instrumentation Laboratory Engineer for an industry leading materials manufacturer at their state-of-the-art facility in Cambridge.
As an Instrumentation Laboratory Engineer you will be responsible for leading multiple testing programmes in order to support customer qualification of materials used in various highly regulated industries including aerospace.
This includes carrying out corrective actions for any failures during testing and also developing testing methods for materials including chemicals, mechanical and physical.
To be considered for the role of Instrumentation Laboratory Engineer you must be degree qualified in Materials Science or Engineering. Any industrial experience within the composite, materials, plastics or polymers sector is highly desirable as well as prior experience and analysing test data as well as planning testing methods.
Not only do they offer an attractive salary, they also offer a wide range of company benefits and great career prospects.
If you have all of the above please don't hesitate to get in touch or simply apply to join this world-class manufacturing team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Review various materials specifications and test plans and perform any corrective actions required.
- Coordinate laboratory work and the use of various test equipment.
- Develop various testing methods including chemical, physical and mechanical testing of materials.
- Statistically analyse materials test data and compile reports around materials performance.
- Implement testing and process improvements.
- Carry out various continuous improvement projects and promote quality and HSE requirements.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree qualified in Materials Engineering, Materials Science or Polymer Engineering.
- Previous industrial experience in a similar role within the materials, composites or polymer manufacturing sector.
- Someone with previous experience in analysing test data as well as planning testing methods would be highly desirable.
- Effective project management and communication skills