This position is a principle scientist position within the company who will be responsible for the leadership of multiple different projects which are related to fibrous materials. As an Innovation Scientist you will also be responsible for overseeing a multiple project programme for a global client base and work with project teams that consist of multiple scientists with varied material science backgrounds.
You will also manage the scientific output, helping to guide and align the deliverables in-line with client expectations. Being able to apply critical thinking, problem solving and being able to make rational scientific decisions is imperative to success in this role as is the capacity to communicate high-level science appropriate to the audience. Coaching and mentoring colleagues to help them develop new skills is also expected.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Leading the development and design of new nonwoven products, processed and services.
- Understanding the aims in client and nonwoven application context.
- Understanding of fundamental scientific principles and apply them to solve and problems that may arise.
- Initiate critical review and conduct with assistance from CINO.
- Comprehensive experimental planning/DOE.
- Method development (e,g, test or prototyping methods) development new innovative concepts.
- Independent project planning and managing scale-up trials.
- Technical progress assessment and viable decision making to ensure logical progress.
- Advanced analytical skills, data analysis and correlation; independent coherent data interpretation.
- High level written communication and report writing.
- Leading client update meetings.
- Project management (milestones, risks), management of the project team (internal and client).
- Independent critical thinking.
- Independent data/outcomes interpretation.
- Independent trial management.
- High-level report writing including executive summary and recommendations.
- High-level presentation skills over web conference and in person.
- Conduct client meetings independently.
- Assisting in the development of technical proposals/pitches to potential and existing clients.