Role: Human Factors Specialist 12-month FTC
Location: South East
A world leader in manufacturing of cosmetic and personal care products located in the South East are looking for a Human Factors Specialist to join their team. As a Human Factors Specialist, you will have 3-5 years' experience in leading and delivering Human Factors support, a degree in a relevant subject as well as excellent written, communicational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Create error tolerant systems and prevent errors.
- To deal with human error proactively it should be tackled as part of the risk assessment process, focusing on tasks such as Human error identification, Human Factors design support, Human Factors project integration management,
- Offer a robust understanding and expertise of Human Factors support on safety and risk assessments across the plant
- Perform Incident Investigations to identify why people have failed rather than stopping at 'operator error'
- Use the application of HF methods to find solutions to operational issues and identify trends in common occurrences of human failure.
- Apply resolutions to Human Errors in accordance with regulations and HSE guidelines.
- Human Factors authentication and authentication via the implementation of modern HF techniques and relevant good practice for the resolution of operational issues.
- Nurture and push the concern that current processes and assessments need to consider human factors as a distinct element which must be acknowledged, assessed, and managed effectively in order to manage risks.
- 3-5 years' experience of leading and supplying Human Factors support in manufacturing environments.
- A degree level qualification in related subject, (e.g. Human Factors/ergonomics, psychology)
- Experience in Human Factor Integration Plan development
- Superb writing skills
- Exceptional personal and communication skills
- Outstanding time management skills, and the ability to divide time across various projects