This is a great job opportunity for an experienced medicinal chemist with proven industrial drug discovery expertise to step out of the laboratory into this home-based Principal Medicinal Chemist position at a UK biotech firm. The Principal Medicinal Chemist role oversees the small molecule development projects via outsourced partners plus the generation of patents internally. The successful Principal Medicinal Chemist appointment will build upon a career in small molecule therapeutics moving towards a high value project management as well as a biological data management skillset, for excellent career progression potential leading to senior positions.
Your day to day duties as the Principal Medicinal Chemist will be:
- Liaising between the in-house chemistry team and outsourcing partners
- Influencing the execution of discovery chemistry projects via computational software
- Collation and interpretation of biological data
- Working on patent applications of in-house IP
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant chemistry field
- A track record in medicinal chemistry synthetic route design and execution
- Prior successful patent applications
- A good team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
This client is already shortlisting for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up 7 years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.