Salary £46,000 per annum
Hours 37.5 per week
Monday - Friday
You will be working for a leading UK manufacturer of both branded and private label laundry and cleaning products, based in the midlands.
You will be an experienced HSE Manager reporting to the operating Officer, you will manage, maintain, implement, and communicate on a day-to-day basis, the companies' health and safety procedures. You will ensure both legal compliance is adhered to and best practice is adopted to ensure the companies principles are robustly embedded, maintained and communicated across the site. You will also provide professional advice and guidance on legal standards and best practice to all teams and individuals based across the site.
- To be the custodian of the sites specific HSE improvement plans, to ensure that the plans are kept updated, communicated.
- To develop and ensure that all local safety management systems are maintained and kept up to date at both sites.
- To be the sites subject matter expert for Health & Safety.
- To be the site lead for Environmental improvement activity and to spearhead an ongoing CI approach towards environmental risk issues.
- Site lead contact with Head Office for all Environmental, Sustainability and CSR issues
- To ensure all site-based safety data is captured, logged and recorded.
- To provide high quality professional advice to Line Managers on all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and good practice.
- To ensure that systems and procedures for recording and investigating accidents are complied with.
- To collate, analyse and interpret accident statistics, including weekly reports where comparisons and trends can be identified and appropriate corrective action taken.
- To identify areas of significant risk, accident trends and provide possible solutions.
- To input all accident and incident data onto local and group databases to ensure regulatory compliance reporting standards are maintained- e.g., RIDDOR, OSHA.
- To coordinate and attend all site-based Health, Safety and Environment meetings and provide relevant information to ensure proactive outcomes.
- To ensure that site has sufficient, competent and trained H&S teams to ensure all potential risk areas are covered e.g. - First aiders, fire marshals, H+S champions,
- Risk assessments: to assist in and to ensure the quality of task-based assessments, manual handling and COSHH assessments.
- Risk assessments: to ensure that both sites have a comprehensive, updated and relevant suite of risk assessments to cover - Task based activities, COSHH, Manual handling, Engineering activities and office-based working.
- To work with the Company insurers on Employee Liability claims, including investigation, collation of evidence and if necessary, court appearances.
- To meet monthly with the Operations Management team to review and discuss HSE standards and to monitor action points.
- To ensure that new and forthcoming legislation is assessed for business impact and appropriate action taken.
- To be the first point of contact for statutory bodies on matters relating to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- To participate in equipment and new plant pre planning to ensure safety compliance.
- To ensure PPE is adequately sourced, ordered, distributed and controlled for both sites
- To ensure all site-based risk control systems are maintained and kept to standard - e.g. Fire controls, Lifting equipment, fall arrest systems, PPE stocks etc.
- To act as sites, lead to control site based emergency response systems - e.g. First aid, Fire systems, spill control, ammonia controls, and emergency evacuation systems.
- To deliver in-house HS&E training as appropriate. Where necessary, with agreement with the site management team, to manage external training providers. To ensure training supports personal development plan.
- To provide relevant and accurate data to support site budget preparations for the implementation of H&S policy and environmental compliance.
- To work with other departments and where necessary, coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy.
- To ensure compliance with all environmental legislation.
- To audit, analyse and report on environmental performance to internal and where required, external and regulatory bodies.
- To promote and raise awareness, at all levels of the organisation, the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice, on corporate, ethical and social responsibility.
- Control of sites Safety budgets.
- Take reasonable care of the Health and Safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your actions.
- Work in a safe manner and observe the Company Health and Safety Rules and Procedures.
- Use/Drive machinery in a safe manner, observing rules and procedures.
- Report to your Line Manager any incidents that have led to or could have led to injury or an accident or have affected the environment.
- Report all injuries promptly reported to yourself at work and obtain the necessary first aid treatment.