This is a great job opportunity to gain industrial experience in the agricultural sector as a Glasshouse Trials Technician, for a firm based in the Cheshire region. The Glasshouse Trials Technician role will require access to car due to the rural nature of the employer, and you will contribute your degree knowledge or prior experience in designing and executing applications of crop protection / pesticidal compounds to a range of plant and insect substrates.
Your day to day duties as the Glasshouse Trials Technician will be:
- Execution of projects to prove principles in new agrochemical product development
- Liaising with lab-based biology and chemistry teams
- Researching and presenting new methods of data generation
- Working on collaborative relationships with clients and 3rd parties to bring onboard further capability to the project at hand
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant scientific field
- A track record of GLP/GCP compliance
- An excellent team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
- Full UK driving licence and car
This client is shortlisting for the role so please apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum).
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up six years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.