Role: Formulation / Development Junior Chemist - Cleaning / Hygiene Products
Location: South Birmingham
Science Solutions Recruitment is recruiting for a Junior Formulation / Development Chemist in the area South Birmingham. This is an exciting opportunity to join our clients leading FMCG / New Product Development team.
- Development of new consumer goods products for laundry, surface cleaning and disinfection related applications.
- Support the acceleration and growth of new product innovations, making use of external bodies, suppliers etc. to leverage new technologies and land consumer relevant products with bottom line impact.
- Keep abreast of market developments, building insights and identifying opportunities for NPD.
- Manage own workload effectively ensuring activities are aligned with business timings and project budgets.
- Support project management activities as required (SDS preparation, back of pack declarations etc).
- Present to internal and external stakeholders on project milestones.
- Provide product briefings/ status updates to suppliers and 3rd parties, when required.
- Applicants must be a graduate, or equivalent, in a science subject, ideally chemistry, and experienced in the formulation, development and testing of household / Hygiene cleaning products.
- Possess knowledge of surfactant chemistry and the ability to turn this into new products.
- Work effectively within a small team.
- Possess good practical and laboratory skills.
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.