My client is a world leader in organic thin-film transistors (OTFT), organic semiconductors and flexible electronics and are seeking a formulation engineer to join their growing business. As a formulation engineer, you'll work to produce customer-specific formulations and materials within the field of plastic electronics. As part of the larger Plastic Electronics team, you'll play a crucial role in ensuring formulations and products are produced in a timely manner, while maintaining a scientific outlook to developing the processes and materials used.
The role involves;
- Follow SOPs to produce novel, customer-specific formulations
- Validate materials sourced for formulations
- Provide feedback for continuous improvement and development of formulation methodology
- Analyse formulations and thin-film materials to ensure products are to the high standard expected by customers
- Deliver scientific reports to customers and internal stakeholders
- A Master's degree in chemistry or related subject
- 1-2 years' experience of polymer formulation within
- A background in OTFT, Organic Semiconductors is desirable
- Experience in thin film depositions and characterisation
- A "can-do" work ethic and ability to work as part of a team
- Able to effectively manage time and projects
If you're a polymer formulation scientist and are looking for a role within an exciting business in the Cambridge area, then please apply now!