Role: Formulation Chemist
Salary: Highly Competitive
Science Solutions have a fantastic opportunity for a Formulation Chemist to join our clients ever growing company based in Derbyshire. You will be responsible for driving the technical development of revised formulations and products in line with strategy / goals. You will develop new products, product extensions and lead technology advancements.
- You will initiate projects, develop project proposals, and plan work execution.
- You will involve managing projects and project teams through inception to launch.
- Identify and apply new technologies towards the development of innovative new products and the enhancement of existing products.
- Stay in the forefront of innovations and trends by sharing back with project teams and more broadly within the division so that new technologies can be leveraged in new products and new product packaging
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies / raw materials that could improve existing clients Professional product value that meet the needs of the B2B markets.
- Utilize available external resources (patent literature, suppliers, etc.) to identify and recommend applicable new technologies
- Provide strong technical leadership within a cross-functional team.
- Collaborate with multifunctional core teams (Sustainability Team, RD&E, Sales & Marketing, and Product Supply) to successfully identify, develop, and launch new products in an accelerated manner
- Execute global development projects by creating and following effective and efficient project timelines and related success criteria to realize on-time project completion dates.
- Utilize expertise to contribute to the successful commercialization of new ideas driving market and corporate value
- Design, coordinate, and complete performance and quality validation testing in support of new product launches.
- Write and review lab test procedures, scale-up protocols, and specifications needed to support product development activities
- Generate robust specifications, finished good product specifications, and bills of materials as part of technical validation process
- Provide technical expertise and problem-solving skills to evaluate and correct formulation-related issues to maintain production schedules and product quality
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Chemistry or directly related competency.
- Minimum of 3 years product development experience in skin / hand care formulation development.
- High level of technical competency in skin/hand care cosmetic and biocidal formulation development
- In-depth knowledge of the product development process and experience related to various delivery system technologies
- Experience in supplier/ third party relationship sourcing.
- Cross functional project management of new products
- In excess of 5 years product development experience in skin / hand care formulation development.
- Working knowledge of Design of experiments
- Experience with directing the efforts of external vendors and consultants
- An understanding of the B2B cleaning & hygiene product markets
- Strong technical expertise in multiple chemistries and product formats relevant to the B2B market
Keywords: Formulation, NPD, New Product Development, Technical,