A leading manufacturer of foams and polymer systems are recruiting for a Formulation Chemist for their site in North Lancashire. The main purpose of the role will be to develop novel foams and polymer formulations for global markets, managing the development, design and formulation of new products and conducting the relevant testing for new products.
To be considered for this Formulation Chemist you will have a minimum BSc in Chemistry, with previous industrial experience of formulation of water-based systems, surfactants, solvents or coatings. You will ideally possess technical knowledge of colloid chemistry, and someone with a MSc or PhD within polymer or colloid chemistry would be highly desirable.
- Develop scientific knowledge in all areas of formulation including surfactants, solvents and polymers.
- Maintain awareness of scientific and technical literature including patents and new innovations.
- Manage the development, design and formulation of new products.
- Develop knowledge of standard testing methods.
- Identify novel formulation components that improve properties or performance.
- Provide all information required for product launch including manufacturing process, specifications, formulation details and performance data.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry or Polymer Science, MSc or PhD in Polymer/Colloid Chemistry is highly desirable.
- Must possess previous formulation experience of water-based systems, surfactants, solvents or coatings.
- Possess technical knowledge of colloid chemistry