An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Polymer Technical Support Chemist with a leading multinational in the polymers industry who manufacture specialist polymers, initially on a 12m FTC. The NW based site provides technical development and support globally, for the production of their specialist polymers. The successful candidate with carry out technical support activities, work on product and process development projects, carry out various plant trials, and carry out analysis and characterisation of products.
To be considered for this Polymer Chemist position, you will have a PhD in Chemistry ideally specialising within Polymer Chemistry, an in-depth understanding of radical polymerisations as well as polymer testing and analysis experience. This position is open to both Polymer PhD graduates and Post-Doc's, as well as candidates with industrial experience working within a chemicals/polymers manufacturing environment.
This role will be initially on a 12m FTC, which the potential of moving into a permanent role next year.
- Technical Support of polymer production including managing plant trials.
- Work on product and process development projects
- Build relationships and provide support to colleagues, customers and prospects globally.
- Documentation to maintain, develop and improve formulations.
Knowledge and Experience
- PhD in Chemistry, ideally Polymer Science
- In depth understanding of radical polymerisations
- Laboratory testing and analysis exposure, in particular GC-MS but also including other techniques such as FTIR, DSC, TGA, LC-MS.
- Experience of working in a chemicals/polymers manufacturing environment.