This is your opportunity as a highly experienced synthetic organic chemist with proven industrial expertise in areas such as drug discovery and medicinal chemistry to progress your career into a Discovery Chemistry Team Leader position. The Discovery Chemistry Team Leader not only runs the laboratory team engaged in a full range of small molecule preparation, but this position also plays an important outwardly-facing Project Manager role in the team. This means the successful appointment will represent the company at conferences and work alongside external consultants in relevant fields in order to provide the most effective compounds for testing and formulation teams based internationally.
Your day to day duties as a Discovery Chemistry Team Leader will be:
- Managing your in-house chemistry team and their lead compound generation
- Training, mentorship and direct leadership of a small team of synthetic chemists
- Innovating in areas relevant to the execution of synthetic chemistry projects
- Managing demanding budgets and timescales, with many projects running simultaneously
- Working on collaborative relationships with internal teams and 3rd parties based abroad
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant organic chemistry field
- A track record in synthetic route design and execution in industry
- A good team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
This client has started initial screening interviews so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up nearly six years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.