This is your opportunity as a PhD synthetic organic chemist, or a graduate with proven industrial expertise in areas such as drug discovery and medicinal chemistry, to progress your career as a Discovery Chemist within a team of talented medicinal and scale-up chemists. The Discovery Chemist team are engaged in a full range of small molecule preparation and assay, but this position also plays an important scale-up role in the team. This means the successful appointment will build up a high level of knowledge in high value relevant fields in order to provide the most effective compounds for testing and formulation teams based internationally.
Your day to day duties as a Discovery Chemist will be:
- Executing your own synthetic chemistry projects for lead compound generation
- Innovating in areas relevant to the execution of med chem and scale-up projects
- Managing many projects running simultaneously
- Working on collaborative relationships with internal teams and 3rd parties based abroad
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant organic chemistry field
- A track record in synthetic route design and execution at PhD or in industry
- A good team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
This client has started initial screening interviews so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up seven years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.