This is a great job opportunity for an experienced medicinal chemist with proven industrial drug discovery expertise to step out of the laboratory into this home-based Director of Medicinal Chemistry position at a multi-national biotech firm with a UK office. The Director of Medicinal Chemistry role oversees the strategy of small molecule development projects, plus project management of their execution via outsourced partners while internal laboratory efforts focus on AI and unusual biological modes of action. The successful Director of Medicinal Chemistry appointment will build upon their successful career in progressing small molecule therapeutics into the clinic, as well as building a high value project management as well as a biological and AI data management skillset, for excellent career resilience.
Your day to day duties as the Director of Medicinal Chemistry will be:
- Taking charge of the strategy and design of chemistry team and managing outsourcing partners
- Influencing the execution of laboratory-based projects via biologists and computational scientists
- Collation and interpretation of biological data
- Working on patent applications of in-house IP
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A track record in medicinal chemistry synthetic route design and execution
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant chemistry field
- Prior successful patent applications showing creativity in small molecule lead compounds
- A good team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
This client is already interviewing for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up 7 years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.